Sunday, April 23, 2006

bear and bull

a big thank you to those who've been supporting me through this week, be it the simple SMS or being with me all the way through. actually i've not really told anyone what's happening and noone knows either, but having people around counts for something. it's not that my matters of faith have been clearing up all that much, so i wait expectant for Sunday.

i doubt anyone will get my little pun of a title, since noone thinks econs or double-meaning in my demented fashion by it's ok :)

anyway, up-down week, obviously. loads of performances, not just this week but in the coming fortnight as well. i watched "Two Gentlemen of Verona" by Lasalle-SIA and it was nothing short of brilliant. ok, so some might disagree but i loved it. similarly for West Side Story. watch it! it's been a while since i've cried at a play but this really did it for me. worth the whole $80. regale was a bit disappointing since i've been exposed to some fantastic dance concerts, rather telling since the highlight of the show for me was the teachers putting on tutus and looking all adorable [mr. ho takes the cake :D]. a handful of performances both in and outta school coming up, quite looking forward [queen ping, drama, glossolalia, death of the maiden]. at least i feel somewhat like a worthy TSD student.

whether for better or for worse, i've been chucking some of my old stuff for new stuff. my hp being obviously new :) vernie is going to take my shopping, since she so insists. i'm actually wearing jeans *gasp* i'm actually not buying "Oblivion" yet. shocking stuff. but yes, i feel sufficiently traumatised and shaken to want some change in my life.

i feel like a liverpool fan tonight. i cheered every touch by gerrard, garcia, crouch (!!!) and the lot, only because they were playing against horrid chelski. they won of course, and i feel rather elated. one of the few times you'll see me celebrating a scouser victory [unless it's everton over liverpool :P]

i crashed harris' lit lecture on fri. it was quite amusing. i actually felt very involved, as if i hadn't dropped lit at all. i guess i still do enjoy the subject, so long as i'm not tested on it. oh well, it was good to get some fiction and energy in to my life. i realise that my imagination has been consumed by non-fiction and economic stats. ugh.

righto. i'm exhausted. i promised kai i'd sleep after i hung up, but football and dad's return beckoned so here i am. i'll sleep real soon.

*hug* corrie for the most timely support i could imagine
-insert mush here- to girlfriend and -insert pseudomush here- to best friend for spending so much time with me. much, much appreciated.
big thanks to saif for just being a great friend whom i can always rubbish with. i didn't say it, but you helped me feel a whole lot better on multiple occasions. likewise with yish, in spite of regale commitments. thank you.
bert, makoto, for proactive support and counsel
all other random people here too, for aiding me in my ailing without knowing it.

just thank you for the very proactive support, esp in school, but also outside of it, because even your one SMS or taking time out to contact me has restored my faith somewhat in the love of friendships. i'm not so embittered now, but yes, will slowly pursue the treacherous, pot-holed road to recovery.

you have reached the end of mike's disjointed discourse. smile and give yourself a pat on the back. you've done well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home