Wednesday, May 03, 2006

TSD day

today shall officially be chronicled as TSD Day, because all things TSD suddenly decided to spring up upon me like a wound spring all ready to spring. oh forgive my lack of simile.

for a start, it's Tash's birthday! Tash, who happens to be one of the TSD reps :) so we string up a few balloons, light a few candles [tim burning his finger in the process] and sing that silly tune. then we hit the cake, which was quite nice. happy birthday fellow May baby!

more amazingly, Sunil (?!?!) sends a cake and declares that he wants to pursue theatre for further education (?!?!) sunil?! hahaha... what happy bewilderment for the man who must have created one of the most last minute pieces in the history of TSD. perhaps also the only person to have his name in his sound piece too. lol. quote mikaela "sunil has become my favourite senior over-night". oh, and the cake was quite nice too.

then, groopeas minus the ill bob [take care dude!] meet, discuss my character and kaboom our chaos in AVA. whereupon we stumble upon a very lovely looking piece. i quite enjoy group slots actually, a lot a lot, not least because i really love my fellow groopeas too. now mike understands the power of 'group bonding sessions'. so anyway, we switched roles for a bit [playing anil kumble was heck fun], improv some lines and *poof* theatre magic! showing tmr. yay.

after a long day of breaks, ponned lectures and one long group slot, i head home, sit in front of the computer, and the screen speaks to me. it dictates to me the contents of my journal and my fingers type diligently. the printer starts spitting out black smears on my pristine white paper and my journal is complete. i also managed to divine the sounds for my piece from the murky depths of my swampish imagination.

beginning of complete and obvious sidetrack

i will never survive in the Singapore system. i can't make ruthless decisions or detach my heart from my work. i love what i do and i do what i love. i like Singapore very much, but not enough for me to really want to study here to work here. maybe just to stay here and feel happy.

end of digression

i will consider canada rather more seriously now. a bit fearful perhaps, because it's awfully uncharted territory. well. see where God leads me to then. will miss family, friends, girlfriend. not that mission work will be much different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home