Sunday, May 28, 2006

tomorrow it ends.

the last of my group slots. the last of my IS slots. the last of coming back to school and blacks and sauntering around as if we own the place.

i said i wouldn't miss it. i'm rethinking that. no, not the theatre. i'm not cut out for any professional theatre stuff. but i'll miss singing my lungs out as i skip down to 24 from the AVA and noone staring at me awkwardly. i'll miss sitting at the grand piano watching kai and saif attract the attention of everyone passing by with their fencing. i'll miss those leisurely walks down to 7-11 as an excuse to buy stuff for people to make them smile.

after tomorrow those days will be gone forever. for some, tuesday, but not much of a difference. no other experience in my life can compare. certainly not from VS, no. select nights from church youth camps, maybe. but never a year-half odyssey as this. i'm sure the euphoria of the exams when they're finally over will sweep me over, but i'll look back upon my JC life with great fondness, even if only for these moments.

for helping me get over evelyn. for leading me to vernie and kai, and then to kai as my girlfriend. for the unforgettable groopea moments. for corrie. and for liting. for lofty, mrs low, mr young and albert. for all that TSD has taught me.

it's unlike me to feel excessively nostalgic; this time i feel genuinely so. it's been a rough and bumpy journey no less, but such times often chronicle true love. regarding TSD, it would be deceit to remember it as anything but.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home