Friday, June 23, 2006

golly. talk abt predictions gone awry. after this last round of group matches, the Czechs are out, Brazil look tragically unconvincing and there goes my future as a football pundit! ugh. i think i followed my heart too much with the czechs, seeing how the tight marking of italy and ghana, plus the absence of both key strikers, totally hampered their play. well, there goes FIFA world ranking no 2.

so, with the round of 16 teams almost fully confirmed and more matches being played, it's time for new predictions! haha... ok, it wouldn't take a genius to root for Argentina after their absolutely scintillating 6-0 display. that said, more of the same please, and against a more united, well-rounded team. the draw against mexico is a bit easy on them though, so maybe the quarter-finals for a sterner test.

my other second-faves, Holland, meet Portugal and that will be my must-watch match for the round of 16. i like both teams a lot and it's a pity they have to knock the other out. my heart says Portugal, my gut says Holland and my mind tells me it's gonna be a damn close-run thing.

Germany should beat Sweden just nicely, Spain should top their group and breeze past their opponents in the round of 16 whoever they may be. i'm not even going to talk about England, disastrous as they are and i'm ready to bid adieu to the French; the sooner the better.

ok, sleep time. meeting girlfriend tmr :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home