Monday, March 06, 2006

with every breath

when the night seems so long
throw your hands to the sky
you can sing a new song
wipe the tears from your eyes
when you're weak He is strong
He can heal your wounded soul
and calm the storm inside

Ah. A much needed break. despite my early morning misgivings today, God really made a way where there seemed to be no way. first, there was the news that the studios had been locked down due to the attitude of our batch, etc... although it was damning news, it somehow comforted me. don't ask me why. i just felt immensely relieved once i got the msg for some reason unbeknowest to me. perhaps it was the concern of my juniors (thanks Tan Ying!!!) that moved me. maybe the news gave me a hint that things would be strangely wonky today. regardless, it started off the day well.

then again, i was up since 4am or so blogging then working anyway. i managed to get quite some work done before leaving for school. my cue sheet for the juniors was thrashed out, i finalised some points about my piece mentally and hyped myself for slot later, wherever it may be and whatever it might turn out to be. i also whacked Hist S like free :) i know i have a lot of work and stuff, but i feel comforted by the familiar challenge of history. i really don't mind doing the hard research and work. at least it's something i like very much and i'm actually good at [unlike TSD, for instance, which i enjoy very much but also suck terribly at].

so, off to school at 10am! with much less trepidation than i thought :) kai wasn't there yet, strangely enough, and i was tired, so i kinda wnadered around, distributing my script and briefing my lovely juniors about the coming slot. when kai finally came, we fenced for a bit and slacked off for a lot more before Saiful came, so i buggered off and managed to have a mini-slot with 3 juniors in a classroom. twas gd :) they got their cues well and i felt very much more at ease.

lunch with kai. broke the news to randall who, unsurprisingly, was unsurprised. chat for a bit. met sean to discuss History S project and stuff. zipped off for my slot proper.

and it was a great slot! ok, so i was stuck in a classroom and not everything was perfect, but it was good enough. the first moment was relatively perfected and the piece in general sounded alright. maybe C or D, which i wouldn't be too disappointed with. A/B can come later. i swear i am going to treat my juniors big time. we talked crap for 10min for what was supposed to be a focused 45min slot and still managed to finish 10min before time. i think i underestimate them. hm. they'd better not be reading this or their egos are going balloon :P

then YAY. my favourite triumvirate trooped off to Starbucks at PS to have coffee and chit-chat for the first time since vernie was rendered useless by illness [instead of simply being useless ;)]. oh gosh. i haven't had so much fun for ages. we talked crap, laughed till we cried and hung up the phone on an interviewer for a Chinese newspaper [ok. i did. but come on! me? chinese?!]. that was possibly the most enjoyable time i've ever spent with the both of them. and vernie didn't get lost too and [wait for it] gave DIRECTIONS TO SOMEONE!!! -wow- hahaha.. *dodges smack* i love you dear. missed you very much.

i got back home, grabbed my dinner plate, scooped everything that i wanted and chionged upstairs to eat in front of the comp and work, much to the bemusement of my sister and my mum. well, i needed to work!!! anyway, i got a lot of stuff done today. main elements of my journal are there already, including the daunting tabulated cue sheet :) i feel very much accomplished in TSD for once. yay.

so here i am, having some crucial time off to chill and to blog. i fiddled with my electric a bit, having gotten it back and bought a new cable to use. there's still the whole Hist S presentation to do, but i'll leave that for tmr. perhaps it's time to just stop and thank God for a day that turned out so much better than i expected it would. truly, truly, 'through Him who gives me strength'! haha.. i don't know where all this energy came from, but it's certainly not of my doing.

so here it is. thank you God for every breath that you give me. every life breath is a reminder that you love me and care for me, because you're always remebering to give me strength for the next breath. thank you for my family, whom you've placed in my life to build me up and sustain me with love that comes from you. thank you for my friends in every area of life and of various closeness; kimkangsmife outside of school, kai and vernie inside of school, not forgetting alvin, yvette, saiful and yish. thank you for showing me love that i don't quite deserve.

because of you, i have hope. i have faith. i have love. i have life.
thank you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home