Wednesday, March 01, 2006

metamorphosis

it appears that a 'hiatus' and 'long time' to mike is the equivalent of 2.5 weeks. oh well. i'm back! :) much to the amusement of kai and vernie, i'm sure, who'll be rather unsurprised by my inability to contain my exhibitionism. WELL. i slogged away for so long trying to design this page without any HTML software or Microsoft Frontpage so i'd better be putting it to good use!

hahaha... anyway, it's the 1st of March and so much has happened today. to begin with, it was the release of the A lvl results. rather expectedly, corrie re-embraced total 0wn4ge, topping the arts fac with a perfect score and ranking amongst the top in Singapore. achieving all this, of course, while having had time to counsel me and guide me through my tenuous JC1 year. i'm so happy for you dear *hug* of the many people who come into and out of my life, you're certainly the most amazing and most loved of them all :) Brown beckons!!! thank you so much for everything - the inspiration to work hard, the advice that often guided me out of tricky situations and, above all, your love.

of course, with the results of the A levels come the little distraction known as my chinese results. haha. bane of my schooling existence. and i'm proud to announce that i got a...B4! yay! ok. pathetic suspense. anyway. i know it looks horribly measely in comparison to corrie's A, A, A, A, Distinction, Distinction, A1, A1, but STILL. hahaha :p B in chinese for me is like the world gone wrong! i'm overjoyed and i can finally drop my 'mother tongue' (as if my mum can speak chinese very much) and concentrate on my other four three subjects + 2 S papers.

which, of course, have plagued me this week since i've been slogging away at the common tests. well, ok, i only had 3 papers to contend with, and my strongest 3 as well, but it was still very hard work. GP wasn't an easy paper, although not too difficult either. nevertheless, my grade is pretty much up in the air for that, unpredictable as it is. econs, my love-hate subject, turned out to be a tricky paper. having failed to ground my knowledge in income inequality, i struggled with the questions on taxes, and my inadequate preparation for case study questions made that chunk rather tough too. thankfully, the paper was generally alright. and to history! today's paper. quite easy, methinks, although by saying so, i'm setting myself up to be disappointed. oh well. i thought it was. the results ae up to God, then :)

i should be worrying about the TSD prelims, but i'm in a significantly celebratory mood now, even as everyone else is mugging lit late into the night. kinda miss the subject but i know it's for the best, so i shan't regret. not that it'll do any good anyway. lol. (though it might just indulge harris. *chuckle*)

anyway, i'm looking forward to tomorrow evening! finally get to return to my beloved Jazz at South Bridge! yayness. and in lovely company too :) no prizes for guessing, but oh well... haha. to be honest, i never expected it to happen, but it's been a refreshing relationship and a worthy renunciation of my singlehood thus far. some mistakes, maybe, but rectifiable and certainly on good course for a much-desired long-term tenure. wouldn't settle for any less in any case.

and, of course, God is never far from the scene. yes, i have wrestled with my faith of late and, even now, i'm struggling to show Christian love to... yeah, you know. but still, this problem has pushed me more God-ward than anything else, because i'm more determined not to let it get in the way. whatever s/he does, i know it'll affect me, but with faithful friends around me, i can ensure that my walk continues in the right direction :)

ooh. smife just msgs me to arrange a meeting for the 4 of us on fri evening. sounds like a lovely island creamery date to me! i miss you people very much.

so much has changed. i rmbr saying that last year would be a transitional year and it's proved surprisingly true. my r'ships have all grown - with God, family, friends in school, friends outside school. a new life and fresh beginning, as i was always clamouring for after evelyn walked away. well, now that's settled, it's time to meet more challenges and live a life that God will be proud to own.

never forgetting the chapters past, turn the page and scratch the quill to begin anew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home