Friday, March 03, 2006

the big thank you post

singapore river. jazz bar. girlfriend.

perfect.

yes, my jazz @ SB date went well :) perhaps for a guy who's been through the relationship rollercoaster, i should be accustomed to the whole notion of going out on a date. goodness, it felt like nothing ever before!!! haha... vernie had to rescue me. but by God's grace, things pretty much turned out well. while i know that 'every relationship is bound to feel different', i also know that this time it's not jus tthe r'ship that's different but that i've changed. the past year of learning, consolidating and making mistakes has made such a difference.

anyway, i thoroughly enjoyed myself. the music. the ambience. the company. oh mike, you sound like some lovesick fool. which is probably quite true. hm. i should stop gushing now. i would elaborate on my interesting cocktail [made with Manuka Honey vodka?! cool stuff!] and the Tequila Sunrise but i think that rambling on about alcohol wouldn't be too healthy.

that was yesterday. yeah, i really spent the whole day fretting about the coming evening so i got nothing done. which didn't bode well for today's slot which, to be honest, would have been a struggle anyway. i didn't fully prepare myself for it and it showed. i was quite easily stressed, even by my standards. and the juniors were understandably distracted since posting results came out today. actually, they were quite focused considering the context. i never doubt that they always give me their all. i wrestle with my own ideas and creativity. sigh.

thank goodness for Arika. she helped me to sort out a lot of major issues that i needed someone to knock me in the head in anyway. a big thank you to darrel and maya for being supremely understanding and giving me a period and a half of their night slot. i must say again that i appreciate it a lot a lot. same too for my juniors, who handled my last minute explosion of stress and change of plans. i promise i'll treat you guys in good time.

and of course, a tremendous thank you to kai [= best friend = girlfriend]. haha...for the cynic that you profess to be, it was really sweet of you to wait for me (ok, that was really asking for it). it prevented me from ballooning and imploding like some stretched stress ball. ok, even if it was to avoid going home for a bit.

oh wow. i actually just declared it publicly. ah screw it. it's not as if anyone doesn't know, you're all just too nice to say it. haha.. thanks. it would be quite awkward, really. it's just been for longer than most might think :) so thanks to corrie, vernie, liting and alvin for being our keepers! [so now you know who can lie very well :P]

alright, it's getting pretty darned late. i just came back from a rejuvenating prayer service in church. i've not been going back sufficiently for any kind of weekday ministry since i've hiatus-ed from the music team. need to find new areas or my walk will continue having stunted growth. ah well. just a little reminder to the people [inside/outside church] i promised to pray for, i will pray for you so rest assured.

golly i stink in my unshoweredness. off to the shower then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home